Vikasana means "blossoming" in Sanskrit.

Monday, February 8, 2010

3 Idiots


Yesterday I got a phone call from a cafe near my house. I went in straight away for a job trial. I went in again today and now I have a one month trial. (Don't worry, Im getting paid). And I still have my job trial at Red Olive on Thursday night.

Last night I watched the Indian move "3 Idiots".

I have been speaking with Rachitha, an Indian from Bangalore and she reccomended the movie.

It was really funny. The subtitles were really dodgy though so I found it a bit difficult to follow in parts and I probably missed out on half of the jokes.

You should see it, if you're in the mood for Bollywood. But definately make sure your copy has decent subtitles. I suppose the majority of people shopping in an Indian grocery store understand Hindi, making the subtitles unimportant...

Anyway, the songs are really catchy. My favourite is called Zoobi Doobi. Check it out here on youtube. And if you want the translation then go here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that photo is hysterical! You'd never catch three WOMEN sitting in those chairs, right??

    I'm lousy with subtitles....I miss most of the dialogue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole movie was fairly hysterical, as a good Bollywood movie should be.

    Soon after struggling through the terrible subtitles I found out that the movie is actually screening at the cinemas. That was one headache I could have avoided. Sometimes I hate myself...

    ReplyDelete