Vikasana means "blossoming" in Sanskrit.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Discovering Vikasana

I found out about Vikasana on Gumtree when I was searching for a job. This is the article that I read and I thought I might as well get in touch with the people to find out more.

It resulted in me meeting Elephant and his wife Marion, who are organising the volunteer program. Elephant's actual name is Yaakov, but people have trouble pronouncing it, and so call him Elephant instead.

I will be helping people in a little village in Mandya (near Bangalore) to set up their own business by selling the clothing and the dolls that they make online. It is a fair trade organisation to help people to become self reliant.

Elephant is really funny. Last night he was telling me about the Guru in Mandya. Guru had said "Elephant doesn't need to do yoga. Elephant is fine. Everyone around Elephant needs to do yoga".

No comments:

Post a Comment